[tahoe-dev] ANNOUNCING Tahoe-LAFS v1.7β! Please test!

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 23:05:45 PDT 2010

…
> "/opt/tahoe-test/tahoe-beta/allmydata-tahoe-1.6.1-r4470/src/allmydata/frontends/ftpd.py",
> line 293, in __init__
>     raise AssertionError("your twisted is lacking a vital patch, see
> docs/frontends/FTP-and-SFTP.txt")
> exceptions.AssertionError: your twisted is lacking a vital patch, see
> docs/frontends/FTP-and-SFTP.txt
> Failed to load application: your twisted is lacking a vital patch, see
> docs/frontends/FTP-and-SFTP.txt
> client node probably not started

So it turns out that you got this error only because you had FTP
server enabled, and by disabling FTP server the error went away and
you were happily able to use SFTP server, right?

We should probably amend the error message itself to clarify that it
applies only to FTP and not to SFTP.

By the way, Twisted 10.1 should come out within a few weeks and then
people who upgrade to Twisted 10.1 will also be able to use the FTP
server:

http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2010-June/022331.html