[tahoe-dev] Advertised invalid node port

slush slush at centrum.cz
Wed Jun 16 14:12:26 PDT 2010

Hi Brian,

relaying transfers is last possible (and very traffic-expensive)
solution. Did you consider something like NAT punch [1]? Punching
isn't solution for every NAT setup, but when it is successful you
don't need any relay. In this case can Introducer play just role of
connection broker when both nodes are behind NAT.

And did you consider uPnP? I know that only small % of old home
routers have this feature, but most modern routers supports that by
default. Supporting both NAT punching and upnp (I think Twisted had
direct support for that) will significantly increase % of succesfully
connected NAT boxes.

[1] http://www.mindcontrol.org/~hplus/nat-punch.html

Marek