[tahoe-dev] How to ignore own node?

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 08:14:17 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 3:14 AM, slush <slush at centrum.cz> wrote:
> Partially yes, because happiness give me a guarantee to recover my
> files. But I still think blocking own node would be a nice feature,
> because uploading file to the same node is useless in most cases.

People have requested this, but then other people have requested
making sure that some shares go to their own computers. I think it is
a difference between the "long term backup" use case and the "retain
quick access/file-sharing" use case. The general issue to allow
different users to configure for their different use cases is

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/ServerSelection

I personally think this is a "high value" feature for Tahoe-LAFS—I
think it would open up a lot of new use cases. But nobody is, as far
as I know, currently working on it.