[tahoe-dev] how to see performance numbers (Re: linuxpal updated)

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Tue Oct 5 20:06:43 UTC 2010

Greg:

Thanks for the report! I see the same sort of behavior.

Whatever you do, don't fix linuxpal! We need linuxpal to keep
misbehaving so that we can understand how to fix the clients to ignore
misbehaving servers like that. ;-)

I left the browser tab open and (if I have the right browser tab), it
eventually said:

<class 'twisted.internet.defer.FirstError'>: FirstError[#7, [Failure
instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class
'foolscap.ipb.DeadReferenceError'>: Connection was lost (to
tubid=rpiw) (during
method=RIStorageServer.tahoe.allmydata.com:slot_readv) ]]

<class 'twisted.internet.defer.FirstError'>: FirstError[#7, [Failure
instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class
'foolscap.ipb.DeadReferenceError'>: Connection was lost (to
tubid=rpiw) (during
method=RIStorageServer.tahoe.allmydata.com:slot_readv) ]]

I looked in ~/.tahoe/logs/twistd.log and found this:

2010-10-05 10:34:51-0600 [-] Unhandled Error
        Traceback (most recent call last):
        Failure: twisted.internet.defer.FirstError: FirstError[#7,
[Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class
'foolscap.ipb.DeadReferenceError'>: Connection was lost (to
tubid=rpiw) (during
method=RIStorageServer.tahoe.allmydata.com:slot_readv)
        ]]

Greg: would you be so kind as to open an issue ticket for this? Your
suggestions about how to improve the UI sounded spot on.

Thank you!