[tahoe-dev] Compiling tahoe-w32-client

Kenny Taylor kenny at corvettekenny.com
Mon Apr 4 16:55:28 PDT 2011

Hi everybody,

I have been a Tahoe fan for the last couple years and recently noticed
the tahoe-w32-client source.  Has anyone in the community been able to
compile this?  I grabbed the tahoe-w32-client-itech branch and took a
shot at it last week.  After installing Visual Studio 2005, and the SDK,
and the DDK, and several other dependencies, I was able to successfully
build the WinFUSE and 'backup' projects.  The installer project will
not compile, though.  I receive the following message:

c:\...>python extractver.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "extractver.py", line 1, in (module)
    from darcsver import darcsvermodule
ImportError: No module named darcsver
Building installer failed!

I'm running Python 2.6.6, and I suspect this is an issue with the Python
install.  If anyone can offer guidance, I would greatly appreciate it.
When I get this thing to compile, I'd be glad to post binaries to the
site.

Thanks,
Kenny