[tahoe-dev] Debian packages?

Olivier Schwander olivier.schwander at chadok.info
Tue Apr 19 14:21:45 PDT 2011

Le 18 Apr 2011 23:51, David-Sarah Hopwood a écrit:
> There is a broken package of foolscap 0.6.1 in Ubuntu, but I don't know
> whether that's the same one as in Sid. Does the one in Sid cause this problem:
> <http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1383> ?

The Debian package has exactly the same issue. Actually, I don't
understand for now how to have the 'secure_connection' tag installed
with setuptools.

I reviewed the complete list of dependencies from tahoe's setup.py and
found that the pycryptopp is outdated too (0.5.17 in Sid, 0.5.20 needed,
at least for i386 and amd64). A quick look shows that some works is
needed to convert the debianization to the new version.

I said previously that zfec 1.4.22 was difficult to package due to
dependency on pyutil (which is not packaged) but if we limit us to zfec
1.4.5 (>=1.4.1 is needed for tahoe)), it seems straightforward to use
the Ubuntu package.

Regards,

Olivier