[tahoe-dev] help—how do we communicate the difference between using someone else's gateway and using your own?

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Thu Aug 25 08:24:56 PDT 2011

I would be in favor of deprecating the concept of letting anyone access
a gateway that isn't run by them.  That gets rid of most of the
confusion.

I was not confused, because I read all/most the docs before I started.

When i started, the the public gateway wasn't really useful to me - I
started up a client node on the pubgrid.  The pubgrid's existence *was*
useful - it let me start with just one node.