[tahoe-dev] using tahoe as a backend driver for irods storage system

Jimmy Tang jcftang at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 22:14:05 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I've been working on new project has a requirement for storing data in
a trusted way, and having used tahoe-lafs myself for my own data I am
now currently entertaining it for evaluation and deployment in a
production system.

I was wondering if anyone has looked at integrating tahoe-lafs as a
backend driver for iRODS using the universal mass storage driver? As I
recall all I would need to implement in the driver is get, put, delete
and stat (similar to what I had done with git-annex in the past). I'm
just thinking whether the idea is crazy or would it be better to
create a new microservice in iRODS to access the web api?

Thanks,
Jimmy.

--
http://www.sgenomics.org/~jtang/