[tahoe-dev] problems running some of the tests on archlinux after an update

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Thu Feb 3 13:53:39 PST 2011

On 2/3/11 1:24 PM, Jimmy Tang wrote:

>   File "/home/jtang/tmp/tahoe-lafs/src/allmydata-tahoe-1.8.2/src/allmydata/__init__.py",
> line 301, in cross_check_pkg_resources_versus_import
>     % (imp_ver, name, imp_loc, pr_ver, pr_loc, e.__class__.name, e))
> AttributeError: type object 'exceptions.TypeError' has no attribute 'name'
>     Aborting...
>

> it doesn't even start the tests even though it builds fine. it had
> previously worked when I was building it outside of the packaging
> system.

Arghh.. That looks like a python2.7 incompatibility in an error pathway
(probably when that function is trying to find a version number for some
dependency, and fails, and tries to explain why it failed). I don't know
if that's a real error path or merely a warning.

Could you replace that "e.__class__.name" with just "e" (in __init__.py
line 301) and try it again, see what sorts of messages it emits?

note to selves: too much complexity in __init__.py!!

I filed bug #1355 for this one.

good catch!,