[tahoe-dev] capability URIs for mutable file uploads ?

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Thu Feb 24 11:05:33 PST 2011

On 2/24/11 2:22 AM, sreenivasulu velpula wrote:
> Hi,
>   When a  same mutable file is uploaded multiple times, file will be
> uploaded to servers as many times as it requested to upload through
> clients..
>
>   The following are the my observations on URI s for mutable files i got.
>
>   -> With out creating any directory i uploaded the same  mutable file
> multiple times. I got the different URIs for each upload.

Yes, each time you create a mutable file (regardless of what its
contents are), you get a new URI. If you think about it, it has to be
this way: you might modify one copy, and leave the others alone, and you
want them to have separate URIs so you don't see all of them change
instead of just the one.

>  -> I created one directory through my Tahoe client, under that
> directory, i uploaded the same mutable file  multiple times. But this
> time i am getting same URI for every upload of that file.

What command or button were you using when you did that? If you used a
directory page's "Upload File" button, with the "mutable" checkbox
enabled, then you should have gotten a different URI each time.

cheers,