[tahoe-dev] web "control panel", static server selection UI

Shawn Willden shawn at willden.org
Mon Jan 24 11:12:22 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Brian Warner <warner at lothar.com> wrote:

> I had an idea for addressing #467 (static-server selection) this
> morning: so simple and easy to use, I don't know why I hadn't thought of
> it before. (actually I do, that's in the second part of this message).

Sounds like a valuable and useful addition.

I'd really like to also have the same capability -- the ability to query the
set of available servers and to set which ones should be used -- available
via the web API.  Actually, while I'm asking I'd also really like to be able
to change the encoding parameters via the API, preferably on a per-upload
basis.

The combination of these features would enable me to build a backup server
that automatically monitors server availability and makes decisions about
encoding and server selection to meet a target reliability probability.

--
Shawn