[tahoe-dev] Tahoe Access Control

Peter Secor secorp at secorp.net
Thu Jun 2 15:51:47 PDT 2011

With a small correction to terminology, yes this is possible and can be done
currently. The small correction is that you can share a directory and give
RO or RW delegation to the recipient, and then they have the delegated
access to that directory and its contents including subdirectories.

For example, here is a temporary directory on the network that I am
delegating RW access to for you (it's live, please feel free to try it out):
http://insecure.tahoe-lafs.org/uri/URI%3ADIR2%3Arb4kuvoxv4twfh6fp5amuhlcxu%3Atdedexktvzqoijgobclye75s5jal3tewnvcwddati7jn3dl5agsa/

Underneath it are a couple other directories, dir1 and dir2 both with
content. I could also delegate just dir1 to you:
http://insecure.tahoe-lafs.org/uri/URI%3ADIR2%3Abgms3lr7k6qss7ehy62au3s22e%3Ahdsvpkbfvphtlb26t4rddcv3wbeb2dmuzc6v2gqjowhxv6zpydka/

Whoever receives the second link can only modify dir1 on down and has no
access to the directory (or directories) containing it.

Hope this helps,
Ps

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Brandon Meskimen <brandon.meskimen at gmail.com