[tahoe-dev] Need some input for Ubuntu packaging

bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org bertagaz at ptitcanardnoir.org
Wed Jun 8 12:52:01 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 02:09:26AM +0100, David-Sarah Hopwood wrote:
> On 07/06/11 01:17, Paul Hummer wrote:
> > Hi folks-
> >
> >   The context of this email is here:
> >
> > https://code.launchpad.net/~jtaylor/ubuntu/oneiric/tahoe-lafs/tahoe-lafs-fix/+merge/63631
>
> I don't see what the difficulty is in upgrading the Ubuntu pycryptopp
> package to 0.5.20. That is the simplest way for Tahoe to be as sure as
> it can be (against accidental misconfigurations) that it is getting a
> pycryptopp that will use a Crypto++ that fixes these SHA-256 and AES bugs.

I reported on the python-pycryptopp Debian package that upstream released
a new version [1]. Note that although it wasn't released yet, some work have
been done on this package recently (well 02/12), if you have a look at its
repo [2]. crypto++ package in Debian seems to be quite up to date too.

[2] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/python-modules/packages/pycryptopp/