[tahoe-dev] Debian packages?

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Sat Jun 25 04:59:00 PDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 7:16 AM, Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:

> Currently, having a client node with one's uid is the preferred way
> because private/aliases is per-client-user.  Arguably tahoe should
> separate the per-user config from the node config.

I currently do this with command-lines like this:

tahoe backup -v --node-directory=~/.tahoe-clidir-owhielagrid/
--node-url=http://localhost:3458 . $CAP

The ~/.tahoe-clidir-owhielagrid isn't actually a "node dir" a.k.a.
"base dir", it is actually a "cli dir". See #1310.

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1310# If --node-url is
present then --node-directory is mostly but not entirely ignored.