[tahoe-dev] some students thanked us for inspiring their thesis

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Tue Nov 22 19:06:30 UTC 2011

Folks:

I happened upon this paper today which is the Master's Thesis for
three students at Norwegian University of Science and Technology. The
acknowledgements section at the beginning says:

“We would like to thank all contributors of code and documentation to
the open source software Tahoe-LAFS, which has given us great
inspiration and building blocks for our thesis.”

https://github.com/zerqent/cloud-storage-vault/blob/master/report/main.pdf?raw=true

Their work appears to be that they implemented a subset of Tahoe-LAFS,
including mutable directories and separate read- and write- caps in
Java and tested it on Android. Cool! The server side was in Python.