[tahoe-dev] SSL wolves attack migration squirrels, film at 11

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Sat Oct 29 05:04:22 UTC 2011

Folks: I tried to enable non-HTTPS mode on the new web server, but
apparently I've failed. Perhaps that's because my web browser
remembers the Strict-Transport-Security header that the server earlier
distributed and it knows never to talk non-HTTPS mode to this server
again. :-)

Meanwhile I asked my Certificate Authority to sign a new pubkey (since
I appear to have accidentally deleted the server's previous priv key),
but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Anyway, if you can connect over HTTP or if you click through the scary
warnings about a self-signed certificate, then please by all means do
your worst to the shiny new "http://tahoe-lafs.org". It is *supposed*
to look just like the old one, but it is supposed to be faster and
more stable. If you find anything missing or wrong, or if you think
some of the operations still seem sluggish, please let me know as soon
as possible so I can fix it while I still have the old server to copy
files from and to serve as a model.

Thanks!

Forward to ninja victory!

--Zooko