[tahoe-dev] SSL samurai attack migration ninjas, film at 11

Olaf TNSB still.another.person at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 05:46:37 UTC 2011

Shawn,

I'm not sure that I could be as relaxed about self signed certs as you. It
feels a lot like when I download code with a gpg/pgp signature where the
signing key hasn't been signed by anyone...

I think the web of trust idea is probably the solution for SSL certs, but I
may be wrong.  :P

However, saying that, I found the following article from the EFF useful...

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/09/post-mortem-iranian-diginotar-attack

I'm using Certificate Patrol (mentioned). I don't know that it makes me any
safer, but I sure as hell feel more aware of the huge # of cert replacements
that occur in my daily net usage.

Cheers,

Olaf

P.S. Apologies about the TOFU. I'm still learning my phone's email app.