[tahoe-dev] dropping python2.4 support in 1.9?

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sat Oct 29 12:34:19 UTC 2011

Brian Warner <warner at lothar.com> writes:

> I'd also like to consider moving SFTP to a plugin (which first entails
> creating a plugin system). I'd like to hear folks opinions, but I've got
> the general feeling that SFTP is used relatively rarely, compared to the
> webapi.

I think that's a sign that "make fuse support first class" isn't done.
While the WAPI seems sound, the WUI cannot be used safely - so I think
it's really broken to move in a direction which makes the WUI seem any
more primary than it is.

If there were first-class fuse support, and it didn't involve SFTP, then
I'm less strong in my objections.

But perhaps the WUI should become a plugin first :-)