[tahoe-dev] atlasgrid performance testing results

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Fri Sep 23 18:33:22 PDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 6:16 PM, Brian Warner <warner at lothar.com> wrote:

> My theory is that the foolscap marshalling overhead of those extra messages is significant.
>
> What I really don't get is why MDMF seems immune to slowdowns with large 'k': even with readv(), the number of reads should still grow linearly with k. I don't have a theory for that yet.

Could you provide us with the New Visualizer display of a small-K
immutable download and of a large-K immutable download so that we can
compare the two?

And could you likewise do runs of those two cases with the "--profile"
option to "tahoe start"?

Thank you very much!

Or, even better, let's automate all of the above and have buildbot do
it regularly from now on. :-)