[tahoe-dev] how to run the tahoe-lafs in another computer without internet?

z.han0903 z.han0903 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 02:12:05 UTC 2012

hi,
just as the subject says, I have install the tahoe-lafs in ubuntu11.0, but when I want to run it in another computer(the os is ubuntu9.10) that no internet connected(I think I have downloaded all the packages and it can work in another computer without the internet), it cannot work(I just copied the folder of allmydata-tahoe-1.9.1 to another computer). I donnot know why and I have spent much time on it and cannot figure it out, so what is the reason?
here is some details:
book at book-desktop:/mnt/hgfs/linux/tahoe-lafs/allmydata-tahoe-1.9.1$ python setup.py build
Not found: tahoe-deps
Not found: ../tahoe-deps
Download error: [Errno -2] Name or service not known --Some packages may not be found!
Download error: [Errno -2] Name or service not known -- Some packages may not be found!
Download error: [Errno -2] Name or service not known -- Some packages may not be found!
Couldn't find index page for 'zope.interface' (maybe misspelled?)
Download error: [Errno -2] Name or service not known -- Some packages may not be found!
No local packages or download links found for zope.interface<=3.6.2,>=3.6.5
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 468, in <module>
but when I ran it in another ubuntu11.0(without the internet too), it can work. Here is some details:
zhan at ubuntu:/mnt/hgfs/share/tahoe-lafs/allmydata-tahoe-1.9.1$ python setup.py build
running update_version
no version-control data found, leaving _version.py alone
running develop
Not found: tahoe-deps
Not found: ../tahoe-deps
running egg_info
writing requirements to src/allmydata_tahoe.egg-info/requires.txt
writing src/allmydata_tahoe.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing top-level names to src/allmydata_tahoe.egg-info/top_level.txt
writing dependency_links to src/allmydata_tahoe.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
writing entry points to src/allmydata_tahoe.egg-info/entry_points.txt
reading manifest file 'src/allmydata_tahoe.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
warning: no files found matching '*.png' under directory 'src'
warning: no previously-included files matching '*~' found anywhere in distribution
writing manifest file 'src/allmydata_tahoe.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
running build_ext