[tahoe-dev] warnings in py-cryptopp

Wim Lewis wiml at hhhh.org
Wed Dec 26 10:28:33 UTC 2012

On 12/23/12 5:47 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:

> When built on NetBSD 5, i386, gcc 4.1.3:
>
> src/pycryptopp/cipher/xsalsa20module.hpp:6:7: warning: extra tokens at end of #endif directive
> src/pycryptopp/cipher/xsalsa20module.hpp:6:7: warning: extra tokens at end of #endif directive

There's a stray semicolon after #endif on that line. (Older cpp, iirc,
ignored any tokens after #endif; compilers in the last 15 years or so
have gotten more restrictive.)

> src/pycryptopp/publickey/ecdsamodule.cpp:96: warning: converting to non-pointer type 'int' from NULL

This one is an actual bug (on top of the normally-innocuous NULL vs. 0
business): a tp_init implementation should return -1 on error; 0/NULL
signals success.

I'm attaching a git-bundle which fixes these.

> I also have a report that it doesn't build with clang.

In a quick test with clang-r168259, it compiles fine, although with a
bunch of warnings. Many of them are non-bugs (eg, unused variables in
CRYPTOPP_COMPILE_ASSERT, tautological compares in templated functions)
but it looks like a few might be worth further investigation once those
are cleaned up.