[tahoe-dev] Hello / DroboFs

mogwa at mogwa.net mogwa at mogwa.net
Wed Feb 1 19:32:34 UTC 2012

Hello All,

I've been following the project for some time now on
and off. I spotted you have built a version of tahoe-lafs to run on a
few NAS devices based on ARM CPU's.

I don't suppose you have some
further details of the process required to get tahoe-lafs running on
these? My intention is to build the software to run on a Drobo FS as a
storage node.

I have already identified a few things to be aware of
with this device.
- Limited on board memory (128Mb), however it has
swap space
- Limited CPU (ARM9 based)
- Disk space is always presented
as 16TB regardless of how many disks you have installed. This will mean
setting the reserve space of tahoe-lafs to a very high number or it will
consume all of the available disk space.
- OS is uClinux / Busybox
compiles for arm, thus building on the NAS is going to be impossible and
will require a cross compile. (see http://www.droboports.com/ for
details)

A few nice things about the DroboFS
- SSH access
- unlimited
disk space scaling (see beyond raid )

Python 2.7.1 is available for
Drobo FS as a app, I need to cross compile Tahoe-lafs.

Any help would
be appreciated.

thanks
Mogwa_