[tahoe-dev] switching from introducers to gossip?

Tony Arcieri tony.arcieri at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 00:56:01 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn <zooko at zooko.com>wrote:

> In fact, why do we need to switch from introducers to gossip at all?
> Could we finish the rest of the #466 new-introduction-protocol and
> related accounting infrastructure while leaving the current
> centralized introducer (or the #68 multiple introducers) alone?

Is there any reason why you can't simply have multiple introducers, which
may have inconsistent views of the world, but which otherwise function
identically? Clients can use information gathered from all introducers
they're connected to in order to make connections to other storage nodes.
It seems like all that's really missing is a system to construct the union
of the available storage nodes as enumerated by multiple introducers.

--
Tony Arcieri