[tahoe-dev] Announcing RentaNode.nl: Tahoe-LAFS storage nodes for rent

Guido Witmond guido at wtmnd.nl
Fri Jun 15 15:52:20 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

Some people might have guessed it from my activity on this list:

As of today I announce my Tahoe-LAFS rental service. I'll offer private
Tahoe-LAFS storage grids on geographically spread servers.

Each customer gets their 'own' grid so they will have full control over
access control, n-of-k encoding, data retention (garbage collection) and
even introducer-rekeying. An introducer node is included for free to
help those behind NAT-routers. Or bring your own.

Although the Tahoe-protocol can do much more, the initial focus of the
offering is on:
1) long term cloud backup of data and;
2) closed user group collaborative sharing.

For now it will be a subscription service over the Internet to
technocrats that can handle self-configuration.
Later I'll add a hands-on service at customer sites and when the there
is demand, preconfigured hardware, ready to deploy as a private grid for
when the customer has more data to store than is viable with their
network connection.

I'll open the business soon, in the mean time feel free to have a look
at my advertising: https://www.rentanode.nl/

With gratitude to the people that have made Tahoe-LAFS possible. /Me
tips his hat to all of you!

With regards, Guido Witmond.