[tahoe-dev] tahoe-lafs 1.9.1 shipped in the next Debian stable

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Fri Jun 22 15:59:07 UTC 2012

darcs is not easy if you're using a system for which binaries aren't
provided (and ghc isn't supported).   I thought tahoe was almost
converted to git?

Perhaps you could post a tarball that's just like the release, and is
1.9.1.90 or something.  That would enable me to update pkgsrc locally
(and not commit it) and still use all the machinery for testing.

tahoe-lafs has just missed the pkgsrc quarterly deadline for the
stabilizing freeze, although a release in the next few days could make
it in, since nothing depends on it.

It's not clear that debian should be special; there are lots of
packaging systems.  But trying to get a release out just before a freeze
of some system could be a clue that having more frequent releases along
the stable branch (presumably it's always ok) is in order - if it were
every 3 months, then rushing to sync with a packaging system wouldn't be
an issue.  This is a nit and not a real issue though, in my view.