[tahoe-dev] keeping private grids private

Vladimir Arseniev vladimira at aport.ru
Sat Mar 10 03:39:32 UTC 2012

Let's say that we have a private grid, with both local and hosted
servers. But our introducer.furl falls into the wrong hands, and
uninvited nodes start appearing. Maybe they're just leeching storage.
Maybe they're disrupting the grid through flapping, running deep-check
all the time, or whatever. Maybe they're actively attacking the grid.

How do we exclude them? Can introducers be configured to accept only
known nodes? Could we create a new introducer, and circulate its furl to
authorized nodes? Or would that just create a new grid?