[tahoe-dev] Logging howto / sftp with hashed passwords

Jean Lorchat jean at iijlab.net
Thu Mar 22 23:04:48 UTC 2012

Hi Wolfgang,

>> I tried to learn to use the logging system, but alas, the logging
>> system needs flogtool, and flogtool is missing a dependency and/or
>> installation.  What do I have to do in order to get a useable
>> flogtool?  That was my very question!
>
> flogtool is part of foolscap: http://foolscap.lothar.com/trac
>
> I don't know which OS you are using, but on Slackware installing
> the foolscap package (along with its dependencies) works for me.

As I see it, flogtool is distributed with Tahoe, and needs Tahoe
dependencies to work. This is not a big deal if you set your PYTHONPATH
variable, like this for example :

export PYTHONPATH=~/build/tahoe/support/lib/python2.6/site-packages/

then do

support/bin/flogtool tail -c ~/.tahoe-git/private/logport.furl

I'll let you fix the paths. This is what I use on a daily basis and it
still worked a few minutes ago, and needs no installing. I am not sure
it is exactly the way it was intended, someone might want to correct.

Cheers,
Jean