[tahoe-dev] Duplicati and a NAS for Tahoe?

cardsw at critical.com cardsw at critical.com
Sat May 26 21:11:00 UTC 2012

"Paul Grunwald" <pgrunwald at comcast.net> wrote --
> http://www.duplicati.com/
> Anyone using it?

Yes, on my wife's Windows Vista PC, with mixed results.

Tahoe must be launched separately from Duplicati: the latter can use the
former as a store but has no provisions AFAIK for starting the former as a
service.

I took the easy route and created a couple of DOS .BAT files to start/stop
Tahoe;
I don't know how to automatically run them on Windows boot (vs user login).

So Duplicati fails when Tahoe is not running (obviously), which leads to
lingering consequences: I have Duplicati configured to make a weekly full
backup followed by a series of daily incrementals; as soon as one of these
fails, everything fails until the next full backup.

With a bit more effort on my part it would probably run cleanly. And yes, I
tested restoring from a Duplicati / Tahoe / LEA / AWS backup, it worked
fine.