[tahoe-dev] tips on debugging Tahoe-LAFS client

Rohit Mehta pigdog at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 18:20:11 UTC 2013

Hi everybody, I've been playing with the code in the Tahoe-LAFS client and
pyfilesystem and have been having some difficulties debugging.  I'm pretty
much done with pyfilesystem and all my work is with the tahoe-lafs source
files now.  I am very new to python, so I apologize if my questions are
newbish.

In filenode.py, I was able to get debugging information by using
log.msg(...level=log.UNUSUAL)

And in other files, in order to get additional information I've been doing
hacky things like
os.system("echo .... >>/tmp/mylog.log")

Is there a better way to go about doing this?  I can connect to manhole ssh
server, but I'm not certain how to get information about the running tahoe
python process.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Rohit