[tahoe-dev] report from Tahoe-LAFS Weekly Dev Chat 2013-08-29

Zooko Wilcox-OHearn zooko at leastauthority.com
Thu Aug 29 23:33:41 UTC 2013

In attendance: Zooko (scribe), Mark, Arturo, Daira, Nathan, Oleksandr, Brian

There is a video recording of this meeting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fAbv9EzHiw

We decided what tickets would be considered blockers for Tahoe-LAFS v1.11.0:

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/milestone/1.11.0

Please help by reviewing a ticket from that set! (See How To Review Patches ¹.)

We removed more than one hundred open tickets that had been in the
1.11 Milestone and moved them into the "Soon" Milestone.

Nathan volunteered to be Release Manager for this release! But Brian
wants to think about it first before accepting Nathan's offer. Nathan
asked what's the next step in that job, and our answers were that
there are two next steps: (a) cat herding, poking people and reminding
them to fix bugs, (b) writing the NEWS file ².

¹ https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/PatchReviewProcess

² https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/NEWS.rst

Regards,

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn