[tahoe-dev] new pubgrid, stability, old servers?

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Mon Feb 18 15:41:09 UTC 2013

The new pubgrid is functional, but the server populations seems
unstable.  It would be nice if people providing a server could have it
generally be running.

It would also be cool if people with servers from the old pubgrid could
repoint them to the new one.  I am trying to repair my old files.
There's nothing of value of course, but it's an interesting point case
of the power of multiple copies and the actual (rather than theoretical)
ability to recover bits.

The servers coming and coming (currently three) is also pointing out the
issue with "repair of mutable files increments sequence number".  Every
time I repair there is churn, it seems.

  https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1209