[tahoe-dev] Tahoe 'Shortcuts'

Mark Berger mjberger at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 2 16:33:17 UTC 2013

Thanks for the comments Greg! Could you expand upon what you mean by
"predictable semantics"? I'm not sure what that entirely entails.

-Mark Berger

PS: Here are some more comments I left on the ticket.
-------------------

Comment (by markberger):

 * I agree that the feature should be at the protocol level. That was my
 original idea but I forgot to explicitly state that.
 * When I was talking about sharing, I had the idea of sharing via a
 publicly accessible gateway, similarly to how the tiddly wiki works. If a
 user is running their own client, shortcuts should be able to be used with
 the WUI, but I agree that it is not the way to share files.
 * You're right in that there are serious issues with the flat namespace.
 If accounting were implemented a user could have their own namespace for
 their respective shortcuts.