[tahoe-dev] Installation on Mac

til tilllt at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 14:12:05 UTC 2013

For some reason the URL's of the binary eggs for mac changed, i updated to gists with the current location.
you are still missing one or more dependencies for tahoe to work, specifically pycryptopp.

try this part again please (btw. do you have osx 10.8?)

° Tahoe needs several extra Python Software Packages to be installed. Some of them need to be compiled for your specific platform (Twisted, pyOpenSSL, zfec, pycrypto, pycryptopp, zope.interface) some of them dont. Since you need to install additional Software to compile the packages yourself (Macports, XCode-Cli etc.) it might be easier to download the pre-compiled python packages (aka Eggs) from the Tahoe Site.

curl -O https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/raw-attachment/ticket/2001/zope.interface-4.0.5-py2.7-macosx-10.8-intel.egg
curl -O https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/raw-attachment/ticket/2001/zfec-1.4.24-py2.7-macosx-10.8-intel.egg
curl -O https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/raw-attachment/ticket/2001/pycrypto-2.6-py2.7-macosx-10.8-intel.egg
curl -O https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/raw-attachment/ticket/2001/pycryptopp-0.6.0.1206569328141510525648634803928199668821045408958-py2.7-macosx-10.8-intel.egg