[tahoe-dev] Installation on Mac

Mark Berger mjberger at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 17 15:05:01 UTC 2013

I can confirm that 'python setup.py build' wiill not run on OSX 10.8
without sudo. The error message is "error: src/allmydata/_version.py:
Permission denied". If this is not what is supposed to happen, then someone
should open a ticket.

Basil,

Do you have pip installed? If so you can run 'pip install allmydata-tahoe'
and it will download and install all of the dependencies for you since that
seems to be what is causing you trouble. If you don't have pip, you can
follow the instructions here to install it:
http://www.pip-installer.org/en/latest/installing.html

- Mark Berger