[tahoe-dev] tahoe still dumps core

Daira Hopwood (formerly David-Sarah) davidsarah at leastauthority.com
Sun May 26 22:36:08 UTC 2013

On 26/05/13 23:27, Daira Hopwood (formerly David-Sarah) wrote:
> On 26/05/13 05:57, Pierre Abbat wrote:
>> Since the last time I tried, I upgraded the kernel, world, and packages. I
>> have tahoe-lafs-1.9.2 and python 2.7.3nb3 on DragonFly BSD 32-bit. It still
>> dumps core when I run "tahoe start .". I put the core dump where Daira could
>> get it, but ey hasn't told me what went wrong. Any ideas?
>
> Sorry for dropping the ball on this, I've been really busy.
>
> I just looked at the core dump, and I'm afraid it doesn't seem to be very
> helpful:
>
> $ gdb --core=python2.7.core
> [...]
> warning: Couldn't find general-purpose registers in core file.
> [...]
> (gdb) backtrace
> #0  <unavailable> in ?? ()
> Backtrace stopped: not enough registers or memory available to unwind further
>

> Does "tahoe --version-and-path" also dump core?
>
> If no:
>   - what is its output?
>   - what is the output of "tahoe @python -v -g @tahoe start ." before dumping
>     core?
>
> If yes:
>   - what is the output of "tahoe @python -v -g @tahoe --version-and-path" before
>     dumping core?

Oops, bad syntax. Please drop the -g; it should be:

If no:
  - what is its output?
  - what is the output of "tahoe @python -v @tahoe start ." before dumping
    core?

If yes:
  - what is the output of "tahoe @python -v @tahoe --version-and-path" before
    dumping core?

Does it also dump core if you run from source, following the instructions in
<https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/docs/quickstart.rst>
and using "bin/tahoe" rather than "tahoe"?

--
Daira Hopwood ⚥  (formerly David-Sarah)