[tahoe-dev] List server leaves invalid DKIM signatures

Sean Lynch seanl at literati.org
Fri Nov 8 19:35:21 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 08 2013, Greg Troxel wrote:

>           d=gmail.com; s=20120113;
>           h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to
>            :cc:content-type;
>
> Your message (direct to me) had a valid DKIM signature.  It may be that
> DKIM signers should not include the envelope sender.
>
> I tried to take an on-list message and munge the subject back to get
> DKIM to pass but failed.
>
> The standard seems clear, so people can adjust their scores accordingly.
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6377
>
> (Regardless of DKIM, I am opposed to subject munging.  It takes up space
> and provides no value for people with adequate mail setups.)

I agree, and it looks like I was totally wrong about the envelope's
being included. It's not: only the headers specifically listed in the
"h=" section are. Though I'm not sure why munging the subject back
didn't make it validate correctly.

--
Sean Richard Lynch <seanl at literati.org>
http://www.literati.org/~seanl/