[tahoe-dev] Manual rebalancing in 1.10.0?

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sun Sep 1 11:53:49 UTC 2013

  This grid has 6 machines and all are configured for shares.total=10,
  shares.happy=4, shares.needed=4.  (Five machines are running 1.10.0,
  one is running 1.9.2, but I don't think this matters.)

  Somehow, over time, I've managed to get a file seriously unbalanced.
  One node has all ten shares, another has just two, and that's it!

I wonder if you could modify the code so that this situation is handled
the same way as if there were only 4 shares (== needed) on the host with
8.  I think it's declining to replace the extra shares because they
exist (in a non-useful place, more or less), rather than being missing.