[tahoe-dev] Dynamic address

Pierre Abbat phma at bezitopo.org
Sun Sep 15 13:24:51 UTC 2013

On Friday, September 13, 2013 13:35:28 Jerzy Łogiewa wrote:
> If my Tahoe storage node IP change, I must update it in tracker manually? Is
> there some way to automate it, to make storage node tell tracker new IP?

I have some names pointing to my computer and these lines in tahoe.cfg:

[node]
tub.port = 14159
tub.location = bezitopo.org:14159

bezitopo.org is not a dynamic DNS name, I have to update it on the rare
occasions that it changes, but if you have a DDNS name, it should update the
introducer manually. My storage node is behind a firewall, so it doesn't know
its external IP address.

Pierre
--
Jews use a lunisolar calendar; Muslims use a solely lunar calendar.