[tahoe-dev] Dynamic address

Anders Genell anders.genell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 14:14:58 UTC 2013

I believe it has been suggested that the Introducer should "detect" incoming connections and thereby keep track of the addresses of connected nodes. If that was implemented you would only need to set the introducer furl and tub.port in your storage node config. The tub.port is of course needed for tahoe to know what port you have opened through your firewall for tahoe data traffic.

Until that is implemented, we have a little script running on the storage nodes of out friendnet that automatically updates the node config file and restarts the node if the ipaddress changes. If you're on Linux you are welcome to try it.

Regards,
Anders