How to detect the hard disk down immdeiately

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan ram at rkrishnan.org
Fri Nov 14 05:58:29 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014, at 07:41 PM, 袁盛东 wrote:
> Hello everyone: I use a hard disk as a storage node ,for example:
> tahoe in /storage folder,then mount /dev/sdb1 /storage ,then start the
> node I can see a green node in the web page,then I pull the hard disk
> to simulate the hard disk is broken down.but on the web page,I still
> see the node is green ,I want it turn red immediately to show the disk
> is broken down ,How can I do ?

By "disk is broken down" do you mean if the hard disk is failing or is
powered down? If you want to see if the disk is failing, on GNU/Linux,
the SMART monitoring tools package can help. On a Debian system, you can
install it this way:

apt-get install smartmontools

and try looking at the the smartctl(8) man page.

HTH,
--
Ramakrishnan https://rkrishnan.org/