release plan: 1.10.1 in about a month

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Wed Jan 21 18:19:15 UTC 2015

At yesterday's Nuts And Bolts meeting, we decided to aim for a Tahoe
release called "1.10.1" in about a month (20-Feb-2015). This will be
mostly what's on trunk right now: there are about a dozen small-ish
tickets[1] left to fix (most of which involve windows packaging), but
we're hopeful we can get those done in the next two weeks, and then have
two weeks of beta testing time.

The remaining tickets aren't particularly deep or likely to cause
breakage, so if y'all can start testing things now, I'd appreciate it.
Please file tickets on Trac and we'll triage it from there. If it looks
serious, set Milestone=1.10.1 and we'll move it elsewhere if
appropriate.

The large "servers of happiness" changes will go into the next release
(1.11). We were originally intending to include them in this release
(and call it "1.11"), but it's been nearly 18 months since 1.10.0 came
out, and there are some good fixes in trunk that deserve to get into a
release, and understanding/reviewing/merging the happiness patch
continues to be a very large project. The remaining changes didn't seem
quite large enough to justify the "1.11" name, so we picked "1.10.1"
instead.

All releases will take place from git trunk.

cheers,
 -Brian

[1]:
https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=1.10.1