magic folder

Daira Hopwood daira at jacaranda.org
Thu Jan 14 18:20:27 UTC 2016

On 04/01/16 10:35, Freelab initiative wrote:

> testing this branch : 2438.magic-folder-stable.8
>
> based on
> https://github.com/tahoe-lafs/tahoe-lafs/blob/2438.magic-folder-stable.8/docs/magic-folder-howto.rst#setting-up-magic-folder
>

> 1
> auto upload files from magic folder nodes to tahoe filesystem is ok
> and it is possible
>
> this is the most important thing for me actually

Glad to hear that is working for you, and thanks for testing.

> 2
> actually we have difficulty with invite and code functions
>
> it seems the second magic folder is not syncing.
> and i have very little idea where to check for this problem
>
> is there a file config where i can check if the invitation/join process went fine ?

If the join succeeded, then:
 * the "[magic_folder]" section of tahoe.cfg will contain "enabled = True" and a
   setting for the "local.directory" field.
 * the files "collective_dircap" and "magic_folder_dircap" will exist under the
   private/ subdirectory of the node's basedir.
 * when the node is running, its "Operational Statistics" page
   (linked from the bottom-left of the Welcome page) should include
   "'magic_folder.uploader.dirs_monitored': 1" in the "Raw Stats" section.

> 3
> one question :
> does tahoe actually checks regularly if the files in the local magic folder are healty in
> the tahoe FS ?

No, it doesn't. That requires running "tahoe deep-check --repair" on the root of the
magic folder (e.g. "tahoe deep-check --repair magic:" if the alias is called "magic").

--
Daira Hopwood  ⚧Ⓐ