[tahoe-dev] FreeBSD fixed

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Sun May 18 15:56:53 PDT 2008

On May 17, 2008, at 11:06 AM, Ben Laurie wrote:

> I'm pleased to report that the latest build (from darcs) of Tahoe now
> yields a working tiddlywiki from my local server.
>
> Yay!

:-)

Yay!

The relevant changes are this, which makes a sufficiently new version
of pycryptopp be required:

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/changeset/2528/_auto_deps.py

and this, which bundles such a version into the misc/dependencies
directory:

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/changeset/2526/misc/dependencies

I'm still planning to do "end-to-end crypto/encoding known test
vectors" unit tests, which will also serve as "backwards
compatibility" unit tests -- does this version of Tahoe emit files
which earlier versions would correctly decode, decrypt, and parse,
and does this version of Tahoe correctly decode, decrypt, and parse
files which were produced by earlier versions of Tahoe.

I have a bunch of other fun tasks on my agenda too, though, starting
with automating the process of producing .deb's from setup.py's (#251).

> Now, how about ben's question: how to we run a private grid?

This ought to be clear from the basic starting docs:

http://allmydata.org/source/tahoe/trunk/docs/running.html

If it is not, please let me know in what way and I'll update
running.html.

tickets mentioned in this mail:

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/251 # make debian packages of
dependencies