[tahoe-dev] Tahoe backend for duplicity

Micah Anderson micah at riseup.net
Thu Nov 27 08:30:36 PST 2008

Francois Deppierraz <francois at ctrlaltdel.ch>
writes:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Following on the "BackupDB proposal" [1] thread on tahoe-dev
> mailing-list, here is a quick and dirty patch adding tahoe [2] support
> to the duplicity backup tool [3].
>
> This feature brings a fully distributed and fault-tolerant backend store
> to duplicity. Usage of GPG encryption is not necessary with this backend
> because everything is already encrypted by tahoe.

This is great, I'm giving it a try now to see how it works.

One thing that was brought to mind was that the traditional way of doing
bandwidth limiting with duplicity is to pass something like
'--scp-command "scp -l 256"... using the tahoe backend in duplicity I
imagine that specifying a scp command isn't going to do anything. Is
there anyway to limit the bandwidth usage?

micah

ps - i hope this gets integrated into duplicity!