[tahoe-dev] planning for v1.5.1: fully pre-packaged! (apt-get, Windows installer, Mac package)

Andrej Falout andrej at falout.org
Thu Aug 6 17:45:25 PDT 2009

Just to suggest that Ubuntu does not equal Linux, and .deb is not the Linux
packaging format.

The fact is that RPM distributions such as RedHat, Fedora and derivates and
Suse and derivates, and many other RPM based distros have larger number of
users then Debian based distros. And in the corporate space this is probably
about 10 to 1 in RPM favor.

I would offer to help with RPMs as such, as I built them in the past, but
looking at Python parallel installation methods that bypass the operating
system packaging I would not have a clue what to do with Python dependencies
that seem to get liberally sprinkled all over the system. Two or three times
in four or five versions...

But if anyone has questions about RPM, I'm happy to answer them.

Andrej Falout