[tahoe-dev] 26C3 Tahoe Grid (and strange repair bug)

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Mon Dec 28 18:39:38 PST 2009

On Dec 28, 2009, at 12:38 PM, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn <zooko at zooko.com>
wrote:

> I think this is #786.

 From what I can tell, Francois's exception can only occur when trying
to repair a file that is currently unrecoverable (fewer that 'k'
shares visible). The 'download_version()' call in his stacktrace is
only used by the repair code path. I looked and did not find any
smoking guns in the --add-lease path.. I suspect that the server
connections simply got established in between Francois' first and
second commands.

I'm poking at the repairer code to report a better description here.
There wasn't a check to make sure that at least one version was
recoverable before it tried the download-and-upload repair cycle.

I wouldn't be surprised if #768 is another expression of the same
thing, though.

cheers,