[tahoe-dev] plans for tahoe-1.3.0 release

Andrej Falout andrej at falout.org
Sat Feb 7 19:20:45 PST 2009

Oh, there is something there... sorry, missed it.

Now that I spent a bit of time there, guess I was misreading this.
Clicking on Wiki, brings http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/wiki page,
which looks very "non-wiki" to me, and constant use of TracThis and
ThatTrac led me to believe the information under it has nothing to do
with Tahoe. Especially since I never used Trac before.

For instance, a link "TracStartingPoints" (Wich I would never click on
as it does not indicate any connection with Tahoe) leads to page
(http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/wiki/TracStartingPoints) with title
"Trac Starting Points -- How To Use This Bug Tracker/Source Code
Browser/Wiki" witch again is all about Trac this and that, nothing
about Tahoe.

"Doc" page metions only two Wiki pages: UseCases and InstallDetails, etc.

Maybe a page at "http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/wiki/TitleIndex"
should be more prominent on the home page, and also the links on it
should indicate it has something to do with Tahoe? ("AccountingDesign"
-> "Tahoe AccountingDesign" and preferably even a line or two about
the content of that page would help)

Thanks,
Andrej

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Peter Secor <secorp at allmydata.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrej,
> I was wondering what the wiki at http://allmydata.org was missing that prompted you to suggest creating a wiki for the project?
> Ps
>
> On Feb 7, 2009, at 17:28, Andrej Falout <andrej at falout.org> wrote:
>

> - Set up a Wiki
> - Accounting project + DSA-based mutable files (with traversal caps) = choice between password-recovery and privacy?

> Is there a search interface for this email list somewhere?
>
> --
> Andrej Falout

Andrej Falout
AU: +61 (410) 463 735 NZ: +64 (21) 0256 6825 US: +1 (360) 488 0970