[tahoe-dev] plans for tahoe-1.3.0 release

Aleksandr Milewski zandr at allmydata.com
Sun Feb 8 08:33:56 PST 2009

On Feb 7, 2009, at 1:27 PM, Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote:

>    * figure out why dreid and Andrzej Falout are both reporting bad
> performance from the prod grid

Unless you find something significant and low-risk in a day or so, I'm
going to argue vigorously for pushing this to 1.3.1.

Operations has been waiting for 1.3.0 for a very long time, and I'm
jumping through a number of hoops to deal with a mixed 1.2/trunk-from-
source environment. In particular, I'm running most webapi nodes from
source to get Content-Range: to work for iPhones, et al.

Further, I don't want to do any real deployments at our support
customers with 1.2.0, and one of them is already asking for a feature
(tunable k and n) that is in the 1.3.0 config file, but requires a
code change in 1.2.0.

-Zandr