[tahoe-dev] plans for tahoe-1.3.0 release

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Mon Feb 9 11:54:14 PST 2009

On Feb 7, 2009, at 18:28 PM, Andrej Falout wrote:

> - Accounting project + DSA-based mutable files (with traversal
> caps) = choice between password-recovery and privacy?

Yes!  This is the number one priority for the release after tahoe-1.3.0.

In addition to allowing allmydata.com to know which files to delete
without knowing the contents of the files, it will also allow a bunch
of other such policies, like letting some of your friends share some
of your disk space without letting all of your friends share all of
your disk space.  :-)

Also I'm excited about ECDSA-based mutable files (#217) and
decentralized introduction (#295), which are both blocked on better
ECDSA code for pycryptopp.

tickets mentioned in this message:
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/217 # DSA-based mutable files
-- small URLs, fast file creation