[tahoe-dev] new stable grid volunteers

Andrej Falout andrej at falout.org
Fri Feb 27 23:30:06 PST 2009

Hello,

can someone please post the recommended conf file for this?

Also, if I want to share 100G, but make sure I always have at least 10G free
on my disk, how do I configure that?

Is helper active?

Is it advisable to use one's email address in nickname field?

Cheers,
Andrej

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Rogério Schneider <stockrt at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am on it.
>
> My nodes are located at Brazil.
>

> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 3:23 PM, zooko <zooko at zooko.com> wrote:
>
>> Okay I have created an introducer for the Volunteer Grid.
>>
>> The introducer's furl is:
>>
>> pb://
>> 6cypm5tfsv6ag43g3j5z74qx5nfxa2qq at 207.7.131.41:64228,nooxie.zooko.com:
>> 64228/introducer
>>
>> You can see this introducer's wui at http://nooxie.zooko.com:9797 .
>>
>> Hm, this immediately makes me want a report of total capacity and
>> free capacity from each storage server listed on that page.
>>
>> http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/648 # show server capacities
>> on introducer welcome page
>>
>> Details:
>>
>> nooxie is located in a co-lo in San Francisco.  I'll let you know
>> once I figure out how to add nooxie's location to http://
>> OpenStreetMap.org .
>>
>> Nooxie is an athlon64 server running a beta release of an old version
>> of Nexenta GNU/OpenSolaris (http://nexenta.org ).  uname -a says:
>>
>> SunOS nooxie 5.11 NexentaOS_20070704 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris
>>
>> It has two identical SATA drives of about 33 GB capacity each in a
>> ZFS RAID-Z mirror, at the time of this writing about 5 GB free. Note
>> that nooxie is not currently offering a storage server, only an
>> introducer.
>>
>> I'm afraid to mess with the configuration of the operating system or
>> network, because the physical box is in a different geographic region
>> from me, so its uptime is 590 days.
>>
>> The IP address is staticly assigned, the domain name
>> "nooxie.zooko.com" is included in the furl just for future robustness.
>>
>> Hey, I guess we should start a page on the wiki about this grid.
>>
>> http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/wiki/VolunteerGrid
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Zooko
>> ---
>> Tahoe, the Least-Authority Filesystem -- http://allmydata.org
>> store your data: $10/month -- http://allmydata.com/?tracking=zsig
>>

> --
> Rogério Schneider
>
> MSN: stockrt at hotmail.com
> GTalk: stockrt at gmail.com
> TerraVoip: stockrt
> Skype: stockrt

Andrej Falout
AU: +61 (410) 463 735 NZ: +64 (21) 0256 6825 US: +1 (360) 488 0970